Sunday, March 31, 2013

Practicing Math Facts

I have been pleased to see some students are going on to xtramath.org to practice their math facts regularly.  I have noticed these students seem to be moving through the mad minutes and using this math fact practice daily in class and for their homework.  I know some students don't like to practice their math facts, but it is a very important skill for them to have mastered.  During our recent fraction unit students who knew their facts well were able to focus on the new skills rather than figuring out what the math facts were when solving these more complex problems.

I wanted to remind students and parents that I would like them to go on to xtramath.org at least two afternoons a week and one day over the weekend.

Thanks for your help with the math facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment